Wednesday, March 18, 2009

All dogs go to heaven- they absolutely must.




I think my husband I could officially be classified as dog lovers, and I do mean the crazy people that think dogs are humans. I have always loved animals in general. I’m not as biased as some people, who have to like either cats or dogs, but not both. I would have a cat, but I’m allergic to most. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t have an animal. Charity and I both had cats when we were younger. Andy (my black cat) and Jodi (My sister’s white cat). We have more pictures of them together, than any other animal. I remember feeding Jodi with an eye dropped when his jaw was broke on a various hit and run. Both were eventually killed on the street but we had them for quite a few years. After Andy came Toto. My grandmother gave her to me on my 8th birthday. She was a tiny little mutt with a lot of hair. My brother always had “coon” dogs for hunting and I would get so attached to them. They never lasted long, mainly because we lived near a road and in the country. Present day my sister April has a rat terrier (Spike), my sister Bessie has a Chiuaua (Harley) and my sister Charity has a cat (Lily). JD and I have some kind of beagle mutt mix- Odin. We also partially claim Neo; he is a rotty-mix that lives with JD’s parents. They are basically identical in color and markings, although Neo is about 50x bigger than Odin. Neo is horse sized and as docile as a sloth, Odin on the other hand gets irked at the neighbors for slamming their car door. He actually pushes Neo around in his own home. (Odin-party animal, Neo -bottom)

No comments: