Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy 91st Birthday Grandma and All Dogs do really go to Heaven.

Two things my older sister and I have in common, one is the obvious fat cheeks. The other thing is that we share the same soul, or at least come close to it. She has been a brunette a few times, and I have been a blonde a few times, but we always go back to her being the blonde, and me being the dishwater brunette. I think that suits us both. Yesterday we went to my great grandmother's house and celebrated her birthday. We took a ton of pictures, but this one has JD and my sister both in, so I decided to use it. ( I realize the only two people this picture flatters is JD and my grandma) My grandmother is one of the most simple, laid back people that I know. She still lives alone and is very independent. She has survived 3 husbands and one son, and still manages to care for people that are in need. My cousin "Ducky" stopped by and we had a great time remembering our childhood and sneaking into my grandma's deep freeze for ice cream. Looking back at my childhood, I realize I grew up with my cousins being like siblings. Every summer My sister Charity, Bub John, Cousin Faith, Cousin Ducky and I would have the best time together. Of course once my two little sisters and younger cousin came along, we added Bessie, April and Dane to the mix. We were together from daylight to dark, every weekend and summer. We went through many animals and somehow got on the subject of animals last night. My cousin Ducky was telling me about his dog that got parvo and that he had to shoot it on Thursday. This leads into what I believe to be true, and that is that all dogs go to heaven. I will continue this thought another day....

4 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Grandmas are the best. I was raised by mine, and the love I had for her was/is unparalled by anything I have EVER felt for anyone else.

The way you love a grandma speaks so highly of who you are because it shows the respect for life
that(even in your young-age)you have mastered.

I love you...almost like a grandma.

Mommy said...

Jd looks skinny in this pic.

Mary&andJD Allen said...

JD is really skinney. He is down to like 150lbs. He was at 190 5 months ago. He walks like 12 miles every other day and eats only almonds and diet coke lol I look like a cow next to him.

Jessie said...

I wish that I had family to grow up with. . . we had my brother every other week but other then that I was alone. . .lol guess that explains why I had/have imaginary friends :P